Rural Health Clinic Conference: Sept. 30 - Oct. 1, 2014
Critical Access Hospital Conference: Oct. 1-3, 2014
Kansas City, Mo.
Join us in Kansas City for NRHA’s 2014 Rural Health Clinic and Critical Access Hospital Conferences. They’re NRHA’s fastest-growing events for a reason.
Take advantage of the educational and networking opportunities designed for clinic and hospital professionals and board members serving rural America.
Submissions open: Mar. 3, 2014
Submissions close: May 9, 2014
NRHA will accept presentation submissions Mar. 3 through May 9 for the 2014 Rural Health Clinic and Critical Access Hospital conferences. Submissions are reviewed by a selected panel. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by email in late June. All speakers selected must register for the conference in which they speak. The RHC and CAH conferences are slated for Sept. 30 - Oct. 3 in Kansas City, Mo.
Presentations not submitted through the online form will not be considered
Those submitting presentations will be asked to provide a session title (8 words or less), session description (50 words or less), learning objectives (3), learning level, session format and a brief speaker biography (150 word or less) which could serve as a speaker introduction. Education and publication information will also be requested. In addition, all presentations will be classified into one of five interest tracks by the submitter.
To view a sample CAH conference presentation application click here.
To view a sample RHC conference presentation application click here.
Submission and general Information:
1. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
2. A letter of acceptance will be emailed in late June, 2014.
3. Presenters may not use any conference presentation to market products or services; exhibit space is available for that purpose.
4. If accepted, presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. As a small gesture of our appreciation for the labor in preparing your presentation, NRHA will offer a limited-time discount on your registration fee. If speakers register and pay in full by the early-bird deadline, a 50% discount will be assigned. All registrations received after this deadline will receive the full registration rate. In addition, no honoraria or travel expense reimbursement will be provided for any presenter submitting through the "Call for Presentations."
5. The standard audio/visual equipment provided by NHRA includes projectors and screens, and podium microphones. Speakers will bring their own computers for powerpoint presentations. TV/VCRs, phone lines, internet connections, or other equipment will NOT be provided. If needed, it will be the responsibility of the presenter(s) to make arrangements and provide payment for such equipment. Presenters must also bring a back-up copy of his/her presentation on a flash drive.
6. Sessions are 75 minutes in length.
7. Wi-Fi is not provided in the concurrent session rooms. If Wi-Fi is to be used, speakers must make special arrangements with the host hotel.
8. NRHA reserves the right to combine sessions and to make decisions with respect to presenters.
9. Submitting an idea for a concurrent session that is accepted for presentation represents a commitment to develop and deliver an educational session that is informative, relevant and useful.
10. Hotel arrangements must be made by the speakers and are not the responsiblity of NRHA. NRHA does not cover expenses. NRHA encourages speakers to observe the hotel reservation deadline as rooms fill up rapidly.
Please contact Donna Douglas at ddouglas@NRHArural.org or at 816-756-3140 with questions.
Click here for a recap of the 2013 RHC conference
Click here for a recaop of the 2013 CAH conference
Click here for a recap of the 2012 RHC conference
Click here for a recap of the 2012 CAH conference
Due to the growth of the NRHA Partnership Program and limited exhibit space at the 2013 Critical Access Hospital Conference, booth spaces are reserved for NRHA partners only. Contact Larry Bedell at Bedell@NRHASC.com.
Advertisers and Sponsors
Don't miss the opportunity to increase your visibility in the rural market with a conference program ad or sponsorship. NRHA offers sponsorships for all events, providing a valuable opportunity for your organization to gain visibility. Ads in NRHA's conference program and Rural Roads magazine are great ways to get your company's name in the hands of 800 attendees. Click here for NRHA's 2013 Visibility Guide and contact Larry Bedell to learn more.
The top 20 critical access hospitals in the country are honored annually at the NRHA Critical Access Hospital Conference during an awards breakfast on the final day of the event. The 60 recipients have achieved success in one of three key areas of performance based on criteria determined by iVantage Health Analytics.
Click here to view the 2013 press release and Top 20 winners