Rural Health Fellows Program Application
Become a Rural Health Fellow
The goal of the Fellows program is to educate, develop and inspire a networked community of rural health leaders who will step forward to serve in key positions in the National Rural Health Association, affiliated rural health advocacy groups and local and state legislative bodies. The Rural Health Fellows meet in person three times throughout the year to undergo intensive leadership and advocacy training. In addition, Fellows take part in monthly conference calls to supplement their training, receive updates on legislative and regulatory concerns that impact rural health, and participate in a mentorship program with current members of the NRHA Board of Trustees. Fellows should be committed to advocating on behalf of rural health and should be dedicated to the NRHA's mission.
- Applicants to the Rural Health Fellows Program must be members of the NRHA and their state rural health association or be willing to join before the start of the program.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to improving the health of all people residing in rural America through the provision of equitable health care services. This commitment must be demonstrated in the personal statement, as well as the curriculum vitae/resume of the applicant.
- Applicants must be willing and able to commit to monthly conference calls as part of the program and complete a project as a member of an Action Project Team.
- Applicants must commit to attend all Rural Health Fellows training sessions.
Rural Health Fellows 2014 training sessions:
- February 3-6, 2014 - Washington, D.C., Rural Health Policy Institute
- April 22-25, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV., NRHA Annual Rural Health Conference
- January 2015 - Washington, D.C., Rural Health Policy Institute
Rural Health Fellows program costs:
- There is no program fee for participation in the the Rural Health Fellows program.
- Applicants must have a sponsor (employer, corporate, or self) responsible for all travel and lodging costs to attend the three training sessions.
Please click here to submit an application. Application deadline is August 31. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. For more information, contact Gaby Boscan, Manager, Program Services, at 202-639-0550 or gboscan@NRHArural.org.