2012 NRHA Rural Lens photo contest
The Rural Lens photo contest has been established as an effort to capture rural health across the nation through photographs. Enter to have your image featured in Rural Roads magazine and for the chance to win $400 from the NRHA Partnership Program.
Prize and publicity
National Rural Health Association Facebook fans will select the winning photos throughout September.
The winner in each category will have their image featured in Rural Roads magazine, and the grand prize photographer will receive a $400 American Express gift card from the NRHA Partnership Program.
The contest is open to all NRHA Facebook fans, and there is no entry fee. The contest is void where prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of NRHA, its Partnership Program or members of the NRHA Communications Committee may not enter the contest.
Each participant is allowed a maximum of one entry in each category.
Photos will be accepted until Aug. 15, 2012, at 9 p.m. CDT.
Photos must be submitted in and will be judged within the following categories:
• community outreach
NRHA Facebook fans will select a winner in each category as well as a grand prize winner.
Submission process: Enter contest photos using Flickr
To add a photo to Flickr for the Rural Lens photo contest, just follow these easy steps:
1. Log on – To submit your photos via Flickr, use your Yahoo ID, Google or Facebook account to login here. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free. You must complete your Flickr profile with your full name and secondary contact information to ensure NRHA can contact you.
2. Upload an image – After logging in, upload your images to your on Flickr account.
3. Tag it – Tag each photo with the appropriate category name: NRHA-community, NRHA-people or NRHA-landscape with the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page. NOTE: You must tag exactly as listed above. Tagging a photo as NRHA.people or nrha-people will prevent the photo from loading into the correct group.
4. Join NRHA’s Flickr group – If you are not already a member of NRHA’s group on Flickr, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's Flickr home page.
5. Send the image to NRHA’s group – Once you have joined the “NRHA” group, choose “Add photos” under the group heading, and then choose the photo(s) you would like to submit.
6. Become a fan of NRHA on Facebook – Visit us on Facebook and click “Like” to complete your submission.
That's it. You're entered in the contest.
Best of all, by using Flickr, everyone in our online community can see your photos.
Each photograph must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted. All photographs must be high resolution (minimum of 650kb) in .jpg or .eps format. Incomplete submissions will be disqualified. Photographs that fail to meet these specifications will be disqualified.
NRHA will notify the winners via Flickr and will notify the community via Facebook and with publication of the winning images in the winter 2013 Rural Roads magazine. You must complete your Flickr profile with your full name and secondary contact information to ensure NRHA can contact you.
All photos must be the original work of the entrants and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the photo contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photo, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use of the photo by the National Rural Health Association.
The National Rural Health Association reserves the right to remove photos from contest consideration if the content of the photos does not promote NRHA values, including content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
Each entrant agrees and grants the National Rural Health Association permission to make available and display/perform and otherwise distribute entrants’ names and photo submission in all media in perpetuity without compensation. Except where legally prohibited, submission of an entry into this contest constitutes permission for sponsors to use the entrants’ names, photograph, address (city and state only), and testimonials, in printed, broadcast media or new media, in perpetuity, in any manner they deem appropriate in connection with promoting the photo submission itself or this contest, without further compensation in connection with this contest or the prize awarded.