WONCA World Rural Health Conference
Oct 12-15, 2019 Albuquerque, N.M.
The National Rural Health Association and the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center invite you to be a part of the 16th WONCA World Rural Health Conference Oct. 12-15 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Presentation proposals are now being accepted through March 29. View the guidelines on how and what to present.
With this conference, we hope to bring together providers, educators and researchers in the pursuit of improving health care for all rural populations across the globe.
Expand your knowledge of rural health best practices and engage with clinicians, educators, and health researchers from around the world in the Land of Enchantment:
- Expand your knowledge of rural health best practices through interactive scientific programs and skill workshops.
- Learn the latest healthcare advances from experts in the field, keynotes and distinguished faculty.
- Network with a diverse set of like-minded colleagues and peers pursuing the same worthy goal: to improve health care for all rural populations.
Join rural health leaders across the globe in the Land of Enchantment Oct. 12-15 for a truly world-class event. And plan now to arrive early for the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Global Health Summit Oct. 9-12. Registrants will receive a 15% discount code.
Discover North America’s Land of Enchantment in the heart of the spirited Southwest United States with our Albuquerque hotel and tourism guide. Creative cultures flourish in this region, recognized as one of the most widely diverse areas of the U.S. New Mexico’s colorful tapestry is reflected in its architecture, art, culture and cuisine. Customs and traditions passed down over generations remain a vibrant part of daily life set against a backdrop of the breathtaking Sandia Mountains.
Founded in 1972, WONCA, the World Organization of Family Doctors, is an international organization committed to improving the quality of life in rural communities around the globe and providing a forum for exchange of knowledge.
Presentation proposals for the 2019 WRHC agenda are now being accepted through March 29.
Emerging event highlights include:
- The power of UNM’s revolutionary Project ECHO telemedicine platform to explore how technology can bring medical information anywhere with a live session with real time experts from across the globe focusing on rural health care delivery.
- Engaging keynotes: NASA physician, Erik Antonsen will speak on the “Rural Clinician for Mars.”
- Hands-on workshops to enhance pragmatic skills in obstetrics, soft tissue procedures, ultrasound, cryotherapy, joint injection, electro-surgery, dermoscopy and stabilizing the unstable patient.
- Field trips to experience rural health care delivery and training in New Mexico for Native American, homeless, international, and refugee populations and in places including the South Valley Health Commons and Madrid/Santa Fe region.
Register online for NRHA and UNMHSC's Albuquerque events
You may also register via a downloadable PDF form and email to email@example.com, mail or fax.
WONCA World Rural Health Conference Rates
Register before the discount deadline of Aug. 30 to save:
Before Aug. 30:
After Aug. 30:
- $795 Higher-income country of origin*
- $395 Lower-income country of origin*
- $595 Medical residents/vocational trainee
- $295 Student and/or junior doctor/intern
- $995 Higher-income country of origin*
- $495 Lower-income country of origin*
- $695 Medical residents/vocational trainee
- $325 Student and/or junior doctor/intern
*Check your eligibility for country-specific rates
WONCA direct members
will receive a discount upon request.
(All rates in U.S. dollars)
Complete your World Rural Health Conference registration to receive a 15% off discount code
for the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Global Health Summit Oct. 9-12
and plan to arrive early in Albuquerque.
Exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers
Don't miss the opportunity to increase your visibility in the rural market with ads and sponsorships or by becoming a vetted NRHA Partner.
The 16th WONCA World Rural Health Conference engagement guide includes many unique sponsorship and exhibit opportunities specific to this event. Contact Larry Bedell to learn more.
NRHA offers sponsorships for all events, providing a valuable opportunity for your organization to gain visibility. These sponsorships, ads and partnerships are great ways to get your company's message in the hands of hundreds of attendees. Remember, one-third of all U.S. hospitals are rural facilities.
Download NRHA's 2019 engagement guide for more opportunities.
Explore the region and book your hotel accommodations early at WONCA partner hotels via our Albuquerque visitors guide or the numbers below. Mention the WONCA conference to receive discounted rates.
Hyatt Regency Albuquerque - $189 - (888) 421-1442
Doubletree by Hilton Albuquerque - $199 - (800) 584-5058
Embassy Suites Albuquerque - $239 - (800) 445-8667
Hotel Andaluz - $269 - (504) 242-9090
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center and the National Rural Health Association welcome attendees from across the globe to the largest academic gathering of international rural health professionals.
Most attendees traveling from outside the U.S. will need to apply for a B1 Visitor Visa in order to enter the country to attend an educational event.
Visa-waiver countries of origin
If your country of origin is included in this list you may be eligible for the visa-waiver program. Please note that each traveler from a visa-waiver country must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before boarding a U.S. bound aircraft. Visit the ESTA webpage for more information and to apply.
Visa-required countries of origin
If your country of origin is not a visa-waiver country you must apply for a B1 Visitor Visa in order to enter the U.S. to attend an educational event. In some cases, the B1 Visitor Visa process can take up to 28 business days to schedule an interview at an Embassy or Consulate of the U.S. in your home country, so we recommend that you begin the process early. An invitation letter from the host will be made available upon request.